THE NEXT SALE WILL BE september 15th.
Consignments will open on August 1st and will close when spaces are full or on September 1st (whichever comes first).
Read requirements and conditions below, link to the consignment form is at the bottom of this page.
All horses are REQUIRED to have negative Coggins within 12 months and veterinary certificate within 30 days of sale date. Bring this paperwork with you to check in.
Be sure proof of ownership or brand inspection is in order so there are no difficulties when you check them in.
All horses must be checked in by 11 AM on sale day or will be turned out.
- Each Consignor is limited to 6 (SIX) horses each. If you wish to consign more than 6, please contact John Hayes.
- $100 for one horse, $75/horse if consigning 2-3 horses, $50/horse if consigning 4- 6 horses. THIS FEE IS DUE UPON ACCEPTANCE OF CONSIGNMENT AND IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
- 8% commission, $6 brand inspection, $4 veterinary charge
- $100 “no-sale” fee
- Once consigned, a horse MUST go through the sale ring with the exception of a medical emergency- in such case a veterinary statement is required- or you may be assessed a fine of not less than $350, in addition to the no sale fee. $100 no sale fee does apply to ALL outs.
Additional seller information
- Our focus is on hosting a quality performance horse sale with a wide variety for buyers. Quantity and type of horses will be limited for each sale at the discretion of sale management. Selections will be made by sale management in the best interest of both consignors and buyers.
- Sale management will carefully consider each submission and will notify consignors of acceptance within 7 days of consignment submission. Horses are not considered consigned until you receive an email confirming your consignment and consignment fees have been paid.
- Horse Creek Sale Company LLC reserves the right to reject, any horse that in the sole judgment of Sale Management does not fit our standards. HCSC reserves the right to turn away consignors or buyers for any reason at the discretion of sale management.
- No catalog substitutions allowed
- Any kind of animal abuse will not be tolerated. You may be asked to leave the fairgrounds, and will be turned into appropriate authorities.
- Should you decide to “passout” or “no sale” the horse, the final bid must be declined before the horse leaves the sale ring. Brand, health and registration papers will be released on consignments not sold only after all fees are paid. If after you "no sale" your horse and an interested party approaches you, we encourage you to engage in negotiations to sell your horse! All no sales, sold in alley day of sale must be taken to sales office for proper paper work, brand clearance, and payment of commission, not different than if sold in the ring. Any seller caught “back alley trading” without going through the office for the before mentioned payment and paperwork, may be banned from further sales and assessed a fine of not less than $350, in addition to a $100 no sale fee.
- All horses in the sale are allotted a stall. Stalls are assigned and assignments will be emailed to you prior to the sale.
- Horse Creek Sale Co does not provide feed or water buckets- please come prepared. You are responsible for feed and water until the sale is complete. You do not need to leave a halter for the new owner. HCSC will provide buyers with a halter for each horse. Shavings and hay may be purchased through Jackson Supply and charged to your sellers account. More information regarding this will be sent to consignors prior to the sale.
- Horses which arrive without required veterinary paperwork may not be allowed to sell. Fees for sale day inspection and testing by the sale vet are not negotiable. In addition, your check will be held until a negative Coggins result has been returned.
- Most sales will feature a roping preview, weather and arena conditions permitting. We do encourage submission of video however in the event of inclement weather.
- Starting in 2018, consignor checks will be mailed within 5 business days of the sale. Horse Creek Sale Company makes no guarantees but acts as an agent only between the buyer and the consignor. However, in the event a buyer brings a soundness guarantee dispute to our attention within 72 hours of the sale, Horse Creek Sale Company reserves the right to hold the consignor’s check in its trust account on behalf of both Seller and Buyer. Upon further investigation of said claim, Horse Creek Sale Company reserves the right to turn funds over to the court in the event legal action is pursued by the buyer, or to send funds to the consignor.